The new D3 ION S (BLUE) features the same performance as the ION but with a softer flex from the middle of the ski forward. It too has the perfect blend of speed – with the balance and natural equilibrium but with the soft forebody that allows the skier to engage the tip quicker. The ION S traces its heritage to our highly successful ARC S and EVO S.
Like the ION, the new ski profile makes the ION S easy to ride in a balanced stance over the middle of the ski. The result – more time and space – into the buoy. The ION S allows that element of touch to regulate ski attitude and width with precision.
You may want to consider the ION S if you like to ride a slightly larger ski or may be on the lighter side of the weight range.
ION supports skiers of all levels and at the same time exceeds the expectations of the most demanding and highest intensity skier.
The ION S features:
- Softer Forward Flex – A softer flex philosophy from the middle of the ski forward, when compared to ION.
- New Ski Shape and Narrower Forebody – Easier to ride in a balanced stance over the middle of the ski and engage the tip throughout the turn.
- Longer Sweet Spot – Sweet spot is longer, promoting stability and balance that is extremely predictable: behind the boat, during the edge change, through the turn and when accelerating out of the buoy.
- New Rocker Profile – Ski attitude is flatter with less tip rise.
- Softer Tail Bevels – Allows the tail of the ski to move throughout the turn in perfect balance with the tip.
- All Levels – Designed for skiers of all levels and at the same time exceeds the expectations of the most demanding skiers.
- Accuset Fin Block – Accurate, three-point set screws for easy fin adjustments and laser aligned fin position.
- Machined Screw Inserts – To accommodates D3, Reflex and most current binding hole patterns. All inserts are set in hard PVC anchor blocks for trouble free screw retention.
- ION is available in one-inch increments – Sizes: 64″, 65″, 66″, 67″ & 68″
- Laser Blue