Reflex bindings are one of the safest on the market, but they need a little maintenance! This kit replaces the spring in your release unit and is the latest generation with stainless screw and spring with an upgraded coating to improve longevity. The kit also comes with a replacement plastic marker.
This kit is compatible with the older 500 series release mechanism and essentially upgrades you to the same internals as the latest generation 750 series release.
Installation is simple and should only take 15 minutes…
- Open your existing release cap and remove the adjustment screw (anticlockwise).
- Remove the screw, plastic marker and spring (a small flat bladed screwdriver inserted in the gap by the number markers helps here).
- Clean our the inside of the release unit with water and finally apply some CRC or equivalent inside the unit.
- Insert the spring, plastic marker then the screw.
- Tighten the screw making sure you adjust the release tension and test it is correct by releasing from the ski.
- After a couple of sets the spring will have bedded in properly – test the release again to ensure it is set correctly.
For the maintenance of your release mechanism, we recommend changing the spring and the screw every two to three seasons. If you ski in salt water, change it every year to two seasons and ensure it is thoroughly washed in fresh water after each ski including inside the mechanism.