The D3 NRG R2 is the latest in the eNeRGy line of skis and has further refined the original NRG to increase angle out of the turn, carry more speed and get you wider on the boat. The NRG R2 has quick rotational turns that are smooth and effortless. The R2 gives you total control when and where to lay into a turn.
The powerful R2 has improved stability and consistency. We accomplished our goal of maintaining the best attributes of the R1 while at the same refining the ski to match skier demands. The R2 has a deeper concave and tunnel volume compared to either the ION or ION-S. The R2 delivers powerful edge-control, with cross course holding power that is unrivaled. Turns are symmetrical and consistent with tip engagement predictable due to more parallel sidewalls under the front binding.
The redesigned ski shape and concave means that the ski creates more angle so the R2 is fast through the wakes, with effortless edge change and direction out to the buoy. If you are looking to experience quick, symmetrical turns on both your offside and onside you must experience the NRG R2.
The R2 wider width profile, compared to ION allows you to ride a shorter ski.
Team D3 skiers’ comment – “The changes you made to the NRG are prefect. For me, I love the stable feel of the R2. It holds speed well through the buoy and never gets behind you.”
What Test Team Says:
“stable, predictable, and consistent”
“the offside turn is fantastic”
“I like the speed thru the wake, quick edge change and cast out to the buoy”
“able to create a lot of angle across the wake”
“holds the turn well”
“have yet to blow the tail”
“the ski continues moving out of the buoy”
“I typically ski a 67”, but this may be the best 66” ski I have ever ridden”
“very stable in the edge change, pre-turn, and on the back side of the buoy”
“I create space before the next buoy and make my turn back siding the buoy”
“no matter what shape I am in, I’m able to keep going”
“I love how the ski holds the speed at the buoy and does not get behind you”
The NRG R2 features:
- Large sweet spot– 1″ more overall compared to R1
- Redesigned rocker results in smoother quick turns
- Deep edge-to-edge concave for powerful hold across course.
- Wide forebody for stability and support.
- Tail shape allows the ski to move in the turn.
- Torsional flex control for precise edge changes and smooth acceleration.
- Machine screw inserts accommodate most current binding systems.
- Accuset Fin Block for laser aligned fin placement
- Sizes – 64″, 65″, 66″, 67″ & 68″ in Blue / Green
- Sizes – 64″, 65″ & 66″ in Pink